Home » Hawaii Vacation Tips, Hawaii Vacations

For Romantic Honeymoons, Hawaii Has It All

25 March 2009

Hawaii Honeymoon Destinations

If you’re looking for a romantic honeymoon vacation in Hawaii, beautiful memories await your arrival! Your ideal honeymoon might be in a resort on the main island of Oahu. On famed Waikiki Beach you can spend romance-filled days and nights in the privacy of a room with gorgeous ocean or mountain views.

The more adventuresome might prefer to drive over Pali Pass with its breathtaking vistas of the windward shore. On the north shore, Waimea Beach’s spectacular surf is only for experts. For honeymooners for whom only the most awesome of views approach the wow standard of their private moments, few spots on the main island of Oahu can match Waimea

Many honeymooners in Hawaii seek romance on the neighboring isle of Kauai where isolated beaches offer the privacy they crave. For a storybook setting, how about orchids that dangle from trees in the inland forests? The island’s Waimea Canyon rivals the mainland’s Grand Canyon, in a gentler climate.

For more ideas check out each island’s online sites. Most popular are Oahu, the big island of Hawaii where you can drive up to an active volcano; Kauai, Molokai, and Lanai. Some offer unique black sand beaches, others craggy shorelines where the sea geysers through crevices and blowholes; dancing, dining, everything to make a honeymoon memorable is somewhere in the Hawaiian Islands. When you step off the plane, you just might be handed a flower lei by a smiling woman clad in the flowing, flowered mumu of island tradition. How romantic is that?

12 Comments »

• Web Hotel Reservations said:

Hawaii is the perfect romantic honeymoon travel destination! Where else would you want to go? It has it all – sand, sun, fun and surf.

• Retired Military said:

But there is so much for couples that have been married for a while too! I grew up in the town of Waimei on Kauai and have a million great places I recommend to everyone that takes the trip.

• Hawaii s real estate said:

Hawaii is a great place for a romantic honeymoon. We are actually located on the windward side of Oahu in a small town called Kailua. many honeymooners come here and stay in a Hawaii vacation rental here in Lanikai voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world.

• Hotels Cheltenham said:

I’d love to go. My friend’s going on his honeymoon – lucky git!

Hotels Cheltenham’s last blog post..World’s Biggest Sleepover

• sulumits retsambew said:

There are many attractive places to visit Hawaii. I like to visit these places among them —
    1. Diamond Head State Monument, Oahu
    2. Puuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, Big Island
    3. Kilauea National Wildlife Refuge, Kauai
    4. Waimea Arboretum and Botanical Garden, Oahu

• Luxury Yachts said:

As it happens, I have been lucky enough to be offered a holiday there at the beginning og next year. Just been doing some research on the top spots on the island.

What you said about Waimea Beach, are you saying that it would be too dangerous for a surf newbie? I’ve only recently picked up the board and am pretty keen to hit the waves whilst staying there.

• La Digue said:

I have to say WOW. Really Hawaii has to be the perfect destination for lovers and honeymooners. This island seems to have it all. I can even say that it’s like a piece of paradise on Earth. I had heard about the Waikiki Beach but now you’ve confirmed that it’s a superb beach. I’d love to go there next time.

• hawaii volcano helicopter tours said:

Maui is a lot less crowded than Oahu (Honolulu), but it still has plenty to see and do (more so than Kauai or Big Island of Hawaii). So I suggest Maui.

If you can afford a luxury hotel, the ultimate (but extremely expensive) for pampering service is the Four Seasons. The Grand Wailea is more elaborate, but too crowded with kids and families for a quiet honeymoon. For something a little less expensive, but still luxuious and wonderful, my favorite is the Hyatt on Kaanapali Beach.

• Chicago Movers said:

I recently just got back from my honeymoon. The trip was 10 days and we went to Maui, Oahu, and the Big Island. I must say the most beautiful and romantic spot was Maui. The scenery was amazing and the island itself was peaceful and relaxing for my wife and I. I would definitely recommend Maui for your honeymoon!

• Sorina said:

Hawaii is the best Place for Honeymoon. Absolutely beautiful and romantic.

• Off Dance said:

Having a perfect wedding together with a romantic honeymoon with be great. I will suggest it on my friend. I know now what will be my wedding gift of my friend. Thanks a lot!

• Beach Bride 101 said:

Hawaii is simply magical … I agree with one of the comments – Maui is my favorite Hawaiian island. No amount of words can do it justice!